I am not as “present” in this Blog currently because of extended school vacation week (Alexis was planned to be out, but she is a good productivity assistant, Jessica was unplanned out because of the Blizzard – and she likes to control the agenda for the day).
Alas, I have been reading other people’s posts (some recent, some just new to me). Hopefully you will enjoy the quilt of things that I have found relevant and interesting:
- Short read about how to be a friend to a special needs mom, even if you’re not walking the same path: http://beautifulinhistime.com/2013/06/10/how-to-encourage-a-special-needs-mom/
- Some readers, who are appalled at my spelling or creative grammar, may hope that I take more of the recommendations to heart: http://www.jdroth.com/become-writer/
- First 30+ years of my life, people might have characterized me as a control freak (maybe akind to what Seth Godin calls “accuracy minded”), but Alexis has taught me a whole lot about resiliency. I had a great working title of a book started last Winter/Spring, hopefully I can resurrect it and carve out time to create it in 2014. Great observations in Seth Godin’s blog about accuracy, resilience and denial: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2014/01/accuracy-resilience-and-denial.html
- Heart-touching and real from Regina Holliday, need I say more? http://reginaholliday.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-christmas-tree-of-1987.html Reminds me that people encounter real physical and emotional challenges each and every day. Everything I can do to help improve that will make the world a better place.
- Dr Leana Wen has written a great book (check it out), but her recent blog post applies to all people who are caring for anyone diagnosed with cancer: http://whendoctorsdontlisten.blogspot.com/2013/12/what-to-do-when-your-mother-is.html
- Pat Mastors writes about the term Patient Advocates and how we seek to make ourselves obsolete, http://islandsofexcellence.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-gift-of-patient-advocates.html Powerful thoughts.
I’m sure this isn’t the end of great reading for 2014, but I felt like some of these were worth kicking off 2014. Maybe something that I’ll write in 2014 will be “worthy” of including here sometime🙂